Student community and support at UniGardens
We invite students at UniGardens to join our Facebook page where you can meet other students online, organize events, share useful information, offer items and textbooks for sale or exchange and so forth.
Reception is open from 9.00am to 5.00pm daily, Monday to Friday. If you require assistance please contact us during these hours and we will be happy to assist you. If you have a problem outside these hours please contact the Caretaker Manager on 0407 208 028.
Please visit Reach Out website for some useful information about student lifestyle in Australia.
Accommodation Payment Information
Payments can be made by direct deposit to our account.
Account Name: UniGardens Trust Account
BSB: 082 057
Account number: 19 242 5301
Please ensure you enter your FULL name in the reference field followed by the letters UG so we can identify your payment. After initial check-in, a unique 'agent number' will be issued for future payments.
Bank Cheques or money Orders are also acceptable and should be made payable to UniGardens Pty Ltd Trust Account and mailed to:
PO Box 1316, Belconnen ACT 2617
All ongoing rental and other payments can be made by Direct Deposit or Bank Cheque.
It would be appreciated if the following guidelines could be followed and it is up to the Group Leaders to make this happen:
- Please familiarize your group with the Emergency Evacuation Procedures & Emergency Assembly Points.
- Please ensure that all guests are in their own Apartments by 11pm or, if out late, be extremely quiet upon return.
- NOISE levels to be kept to a minimum after 10pm.
- Fire Alarms may be activated whilst on UniGardens gardens property. The Whoop Whoop signal is an indication to evacuate the building. Please use fire stairs in this event and proceed to the other side of the road on Hennessy Street.
- If any of your group activates the alarm within their apartment A$1375 will be added to the group account on each occasion it occurs.
- First Aid Kits are the responsibility of the Group and is to be administered by the Group Leader in Charge.
- Accommodation is strictly NON-SMOKING. There is a designated smoking area located at the rear of the building exiting the rear foyer door.
- Turn on heaters upon arrival if required. If assistance is required please let the Reception staff know.
- Ensure upon departure that all units are left in a clean/tidy condition.
- Turn lights and heaters off each day on departure from UniGardens
- Person in charge is responsible for returning all keys to Reception.
- NO ball games are allowed in the vicinity of the Apartment accommodation.
- Please look after the UniGardens facilities and report any damage to Reception ASAP.
- Responsibility for safety lies with the Group Leader and the Individual apartment occupier.
- Please dispose of litter within the bins provided. There are recycling bins at the main garbage disposal located in the visitors car park are located on the lower ground floor
- Groups will assume full responsibility for all their person valuables.
- Groups are expected to demonstrate good behavior whilst at UniGardens.
- All room items (e.g. towels, pillows, and blankets) are the property of the UniGardens.
- Group will be responsible for any damage to the apartment or theft of UniGardens items including breakage of any windows.
Located 1.6 km away from UniGardens, it is both public and private hospital. Residents nearby are able to use the facility for a large number of conditions such as in-patient services, ambulatory care and outreach facilities and services including emergency. The hospital also serves as training ground for students coming from the Australian National University, the University of Canberra and the Australian Catholic University.
Hospital is located at: Mary Potter Circuit, Cnr Belconnen Way & Haydon Drive, Bruce ACT 2617
Phone: (02) 6201 6111,
For emergencies call: 000